DIRECTOR of FINANCIAL PLANNING & ACCOUNTING
Summary: The Director of Financial Planning & Accounting will have ownership of the budgeting and forecasting function as well as provide support for other essential accounting functions. This position will be based out of our South San Francisco office and will report to the VP of Finance.
- Produce and publish annual budgets and periodic forecasts for all segments of the business.
- Produce and publish management reporting which concisely conveys historical financial results, variance analyses and the related effects on future operations.
- Select and implement budget and planning software to be used in conjunction with the Oracle NetSuite general ledger.
- Support the accounting close process by analyzing significant vendor contracts and preparing accurate expense accruals.
- Monitor spending on long-term clinical, manufacturing and development contracts and regularly communicate the financial status to stakeholders.
- Partner with other G&A management generally and on ad hoc projects.
Technical Requirements & Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of relevant GAAP accounting principles and best practices for expense accruals.
- Familiarity with the design and maintenance of effective internal accounting controls.
- Proficient with Oracle NetSuite accounting and reporting software.
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel abilities.
- Adept at analyzing situations and information, identifying significant elements and then explaining the central factors at work, both verbally and in writing.
- Preference for working independently and in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- An optimistic and positive attitude towards others.
- 15+ years in public and private biotechnology companies conducting clinical trials and drug development activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Additional advanced credential (MBA/CMA/CPA) preferred